Dr. Aprajita Nakra, DPM, FACFAS
Dr. Nakra’s medical philosophy is to help individuals regain mobility, reduce pain, and have a good quality of life. To foster this philosophy Dr. Nakra lectures at national and international medical conferences on non-surgical and surgical ankle and foot topics. She is also involved in clinical and scientific research studies. In addition, Dr. Nakra continues to utilize her surgical skills by taking part in medical missions to Central, South America and Africa as well as Southeast Asia since 1997.
Dr. Nakra’s commitment to podiatric ankle and foot medicine and surgery is seen by her involvement in all aspects of medicine – as such, she was elected and has served as the President of the Arizona Podiatric Medical Association; she sits on the Medical Executive Committees of various local hospitals and surgery centers and is a faculty member at the surgical residency program at the Maricopa Medical Center, Midwestern University Arizona School of Podiatric medicine and at the internationally renowned “The Podiatry Institute”.
- Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- President of Arizona State Physicians Association
- Residency Director – AZ Division of St. John’s Episcopal Hospital
- Faculty of American Academy of Foot and Ankle Osteosynthesis
- Faculty Podiatry Institute
- Faculty Midwestern University
- Medical Director of Advanced Ankle and Foot
- Board Member of Arizona Foundation for Medical Care
- Board Member of ASPA Connected Community
- Board Member of the Utilization Review Committee for Arizona Care Network
- Member of the America Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine
- Member of the American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics
- Past President of the Arizona Podiatric Medical Association
- 17+ years clinical experience
- Independent Medical Evaluations, chart/file reviews, depositions and expert witness testimony
- Editor of “McGlamry’s Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery 4th ed.”
- National and International Speaker on non-surgical and surgical ankle a foot topics.
- 2014 Best Preceptor Award from Midwestern University
Dr. Aprajita Nakra is very active in the podiatry community with many speaking engagements and opportunities to provide expert testimony for foot and ankle related injuries all over the United States and Canada.